Married to teacher spouse: Molly Prevost (no children)
linkedin.com/in/kyleprevost Skype: kyleprevost
1+ (204) 821-6533
Box 209, Shoal Lake, Manitoba, Canada, R0J 1Z0
- Has excelled for ten years as a certified humanities teacher using inquiry-based instruction, outcome-based evaluation, formative & summative assessment, and differentiated lesson plans that allow all learners to succeed.
- Recognized for exemplary professional practices and an exceptional ability to inspire students and colleagues as a Manitoba Excellence in Teaching Award recipient.
- Taken pride in building an authentically Canadian classroom culture that celebrates its diverse immigrant and ESL student body.
- Recognized for providing early inspiration, guidance, and growth opportunities as a Loran Teachers Building Leaders Award recipient.
- Created a provincially-implemented personal finance curriculum. Subsequently led province-wide professional development in order to help implementation of then new curriculum.
- Professional financial writing has been featured in The Globe and Mail (Canada’s newspaper of record), Financial Post, Toronto Star, and many other publications.
• Grade 11 Personal Finance
• Grade 12 Economics
• Grade 11 Digital Commerce
• Grade 9-12 Business Studies
• Grade 9-12 Entrepreneurship
• Grade 11 Canadian History
• Grade 10 Canadian Geography
• Grade 12 World Issues
• Grade 7-12 English
• Grade 7-10 Physical Education
• Grade 10 American History
• Grade 8 World History
• Grade 10 Information and Communications
• IB DP business workshop (Category 1)
• IB DP business workshop (Category 1&2)
• Certified Google Educator Level 2
• Wharton School of Business Accounting
and Corporate Finance Credits (Coursera)
• Assessment: For, As, and Of Learning
• Teachers Institute on Canadian
• Inquiry by Design: How to Build a Culture
for Engaged Learners
• Giving Students a Voice at the Evaluation
Table: Co-Creating Assessment Criteria
• Many other humanities-specific workshops
(2012 – 2016) Brandon University, Brandon, Manitoba
• Master of Education with Distinction
(2005 – 2010) University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba
• Bachelor of Education with Distinction (Senior Years Stream)
• Bachelor of Arts with Distinction
(2016 – Present) Created First Annual Manitoba High School Case Competition
(2015 – Present) Certified Google Educator and Divisional Teacher Leader
(2015 – Present) Created & Facilitated Provincial Personal Finance Curriculum
(2013 – Present) Founded BCI’s Investment, Business & Entrepreneurship Club
(2010 – Present) BCI’s Varsity Basketball Coach
(2018) Public Speaking Competition Adjudicator
(2014 – 2017) Created the BCI Boxing and Fitness Club
(2013 – 2017) BCI’s Varsity Badminton Coach
(2011 – 2015) BCI’s Head We-Day Coordinator and Chaperone
(2012 – 2013) BCI’s Junior Track and Field Coach
(2008 – 2013) Legion Athletic Camp Basketball Coach
(2011 – 2012) BCI’s Junior Soccer Coach
(2011 – 2012) BCI’s Junior Basketball Coach
(2010) St. Norbert’s Junior Varsity Badminton Assistant Coach
(2009 – 2010) St. Norbert Varsity Boys Assistant Basketball Coach
(2008 – 2009) St. John’s Ravenscourt Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
(2007 – 2008) St. John’s Ravenscourt Varsity Girls Basketball Coach
Passions & Interests:
• Basketball: Post-secondary basketball player and successful male/female
basketball coach for students of all ages and abilities.
• Personal Finance Author and Speaker: Written over 1,000 personal finance
articles, and have appeared on several prominent radio and television programs.
• Bookworm: Love to relax with a great historical fiction novel or learn from
Favourite non-fiction authors such as Malcolm Gladwell, Michael Lewis, Stephen
Dubner, and Steven Levitt.
Dana Corr Bill Bowley Stacie Stonehouse
Birtle Collegiate Birtle Collegiate Birtle Collegiate
Former Principal Former Principal Principal
Phone: (204) 842-3315 Phone: (204) 821-0871 Phone: (204) 477-2468
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com s firstname.lastname@example.org
** More references available upon request**